Pediatric Dental Care in San Antonio
The state of your oral health can be an indicator towards the state of your overall health, so it’s a good idea to visit the dentist on a regular basis. If you have children, it’s best to start them young since getting accustomed to regular dental visits can help them become acquainted and comfortable with dental offices from a young age. Here at Villa Dental, we are a dental office that offers quality dental care to patients of all ages in San Antonio.
Our Pediatric Dental Services
Should your child have any dental problems, know that you can bring him or her into Villa Dental for a thorough checkup with our pediatric dentist. Villa Dental offers a full range of dental services for children, including:
- Evaluations: Our pediatric dentist will perform comprehensive examinations and provide thorough assessments so you get a clear picture of your child’s oral health and what you need to do to help him or her maintain good health.
- Teeth cleaning: It is extremely important to start bringing your child in for regular teeth cleanings starting from a young age since it eliminates plaque in the teeth. A buildup of plaque can lead to cavities, gingivitis, and other diseases.
- Fillings: Get your child’s cavities filled right away to prevent them from growing bigger. We use tooth-colored fillings so no one can tell that your child even has fillings.
- Mouth guards: Prevent your child from biting his or her cheeks or causing damage to his or her teeth in sports by having Villa Dental create custom-fit athletic mouth guards for him or her.
- Cosmetic dentistry: School can be a tough time, and children will pick on one another for the smallest things. Help your child become a confident person by having dental imperfections fixed.
- Orthodontics: If your child’s teeth aren’t growing in straight, we can straighten them out.
When Should I Start Bringing My Children In?
When it comes to pediatric dental care, you should bring your baby in for his or her oral exam before his or her first birthday. This is recommended by many American dental associations in order to prevent future dental problems that can be quite serious.
If you have a pre-teen or teenager, this is a crucial time to make sure they get regular dental care. Many teenagers lack the motivation to practice good oral hygiene, which can lead to an increased risk of periodontal disease. Let Villa Dental educate your teenager on good oral hygiene practices so he or she develops healthy routines that they can carry on for the rest of their life.